Translate

Reminiscing What Once Was...

I'm as far south as I can get, Key West, FL without using a boat. Man, I miss the way it used to be here. It's still beautiful and balmy like I remember when I came for my 15 year wedding anniversary. Those damned chickens are still around especially the roosters making noise like they normally do, all day long. It's so strange that I haven't found any people who aren't infected yet. I still won't give up, I can't. There are plenty of places to stay here, Key West is oddly vacant. Perhaps the authorities forced everyone to evacuate at the beginning of this whole thing? Maybe before I leave, I might toss back a few drinks in memory of what once was though I plan to steer clear of Everclear. In any case, it's time to head back north. I'll stop in DC or Maryland to rest and then make the migration north to see if I can find anyone. My hope is that there is at least one surviving member of my family, even a distant cousin would be good about now. I noticed that some of the infected are beginning to slow down; perhaps their brains are beginning to deteriorate. At this point, I'm thinking once I check on my immediate family, I'm heading to the nearest CDC location, if anyone would know what's really going on, it has to be them or maybe the local World Health Organization chapter might be another place to check. Then again, while I'm near DC I could stop in at the National Institute of Health over in Maryland. Perhaps they know what it is, how it started and what to do to stop it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment