Translate

Keeping Up With The In-Laws

After going to my sister-in-law's and niece's houses, I found no one around. They didn't leave any notes either, so at this point who knows where they are or even if they survived. My brother-in-law proudly spoke of his being a survivalist so maybe the whole family went to his mother’s? I don't even know the way there other than the town. I did check in on my mother-in-law, she and her husband escaped the infection. They watched the news and decided to barricade themselves indoors just in case they got any unwelcome "visitors". We caught up on what's happened so far and I had to deliver the news that my wife was infected. But I did let them know that the NIH in Maryland is actively working on a cure for it. My mother-in-law's husband recognized the symptoms being much like rabies as he is a retired animal control officer. He had a kit on hand where if someone got contaminated, they can give themselves an injection that may help them fight the infection. He gave me several vials of rabies vaccine saying that at least if I get bit or infected it may help me fight the infection but no guarantees. I thanked him for it and told them "I'm continuing on to the CDC to see what I can find there. I'll check in on you guys in a couple weeks" and proceeded to say my goodbyes and headed out the door. They wished me safe travels and good luck. I suspect I'm going to need it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment