Translate

A Much Needed Rest

Man that was just the kind of rest I needed before heading up north, a couple days of not having to run or sneak around. The nice people over at the NIH did give me some valuable information that confirms some of the suspicions I had. First off, like I thought, there is a rabies component and it does spread much like influenza. They asked me how I deduced this and I told them I simply based it upon what I saw but had no way to test for that. They are actively working on a vaccine but it may be a while before its ready. I told them I hope it’s sooner than later because I don't know how much time the world has left which they agreed with. They told me if they can find someone who has a natural immunity to it or someone who fought this virus and beat it, they could create an antigen which could lead to a cure. I told them that if I find any survivors and if they were sick with it, I would bring them to the NIH or CDC depending on which is closer. Even though I have my syphon which gives me pretty much limitless gasoline I'm still taking a risk on getting attacked when I stop to fill my tank. The folks from the NIH were nice enough to give me food, water and supplies that should last me a couple weeks at least. Max has plenty of dog food as I got him six big bags of food from one of the stores I raided. I think I'm somewhere in the middle of Pennsylvania, I believe this is Shamokin Dam where I am. The town looks like a continuous strip mall as there are no residences on the main road. Having to drive on the shoulder or the median when the main roads are blocked is really slowing me down though. Nevertheless, I will get to Upstate New York to check on mine and my wife's family to see if there are any survivors. I tend to think my eldest sister's family is the most likely to survive since her husband is a hunter and they have a generator. I suspect that my entire family probably headed to their place when the shit hit the fan; at least that is where I would have gone had it been me and we were still living in Upstate NY. If they aren't at their home, they would most likely be at their camp. I'm sure if they left, they would leave a note, at least I hope so. Once I check on them and rest for a bit I'll try to find my wife's family to see if they are ok. Chances are her mom will not have been impacted since she lives way out in the middle of nowhere and their nearest neighbor is over a mile away. Her sister and niece of course I am a little more concerned about since they live in a more densely populated area. 

No comments:

Post a Comment