Translate

The Western Coast

Finally I have made it to the coast of Washington state. I ran into several pockets of survivors as I headed west. Some were so happy to see that they weren't the only survivors and welcomed me in while others were so paranoid, they would point a shotgun at me ordering me away. The reactions really aren't that shocking to me but it has been nice knowing I'm not the only one. My next move is to proceed toward Southern California and possibly dip a bit into Mexico just for curiosity sake.
I wonder what's going on back home. I miss my cats. I had to release them since it wasn't humane to keep them locked up. I suspect they have remembered how to hunt for birds and mice. It makes me a little nervous because for all I know they may have become rabid from the virus. In fact, I was reading an article a while back that said there was a rabies virus that spread much like the flu. At the time, it was isolated to the African Congo; I wonder if this is the same virus but a much stronger more mutated strain. I suspect that maybe the government knew about this virus and maybe they were planning to use it as some biological weapon. Perhaps they were testing it safely but suddenly it escaped into the environment. If this virus spreads like a cold or the flu, the airborne possibility definitely has me concerned. What if someone like me who didn't initially contract it either becomes a carrier or what if it lays dormant and comes on with a vengeance later? I have so many questions, but very few answers. I'll write more in a few days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment